Danielle Supkis Cheek founded D. Supkis Cheek, PLLC in 2013 based in Houston, Texas.
Danielle is most passionate about her work in assisting businesses in developing segregating of duties with their existing resources. Most small and medium sized business don’t have the personnel, IT, or monetary resources to set up traditional segregation of duties; however, according to the ACFE Report to the Nations on Occupation Fraud and Abuse, the smallest organizations in the study suffered the largest losses. Danielle finds the puzzle of creating alternative methods to create segregation of duties for fraud and error prevention extremely rewarding and interesting. For her audit clients, Danielle invests the extra time with her clients to point out flaws in their internal controls or other issues as part of the audit process.
Danielle earned her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Economics, and Policy Studies from Rice University in Houston, TX, and her Master of Science in Accountancy from the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.
She is a Certified Public Account (CPA) in the State of Texas, a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiner, a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, and has a Certificate in International Financial Reporting (CertIFR) from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants in the United Kingdom.
Danielle is also
– the 2016 AICPA’s Outstanding Young CPA Award in Honor of Maximo Mukelabai (and was the first woman to receive the award)
– was named a 2016 Most Powerful Women in Accounting by the CPA Practice Advisor
– an Adjunct Professor at the Rice University Jones School of Business.
– a member of the PCPS Technical Issues Committee with the American Institute for CPAs and the GenNext Task Force and formerly sat on the Woman’s Initiative Executive Committee Champions Task Force
– the VP of Finance for the Woman’s Resource Center of Greater Houston (a financial literacy non-profit)
– the National Association Administrator for the American Woman’s Society of CPAs, as well as a past National Vice President and a Past President of the Houston Affiliate of the AWSCPA,
– was a recipient of the Woman of Excellence Award by the Federation of Houston Professional Women,
– was named a 2014 Texas Society of CPA’s Rising Star,
Danielle has been featured in many publications including the Journal of Accountancy, and she is a frequent lecturer on the accounting needs of private companies and practice management considerations for smaller CPA firms.
Her firm was also ranked #31 by the Houston Business Journal and won the 2016 Houston CPA Society’s Award for Small Firm Diversity & Inclusiveness Programming
Danielle can be contacted at Danielle@SupkisCheek.com or 713-893-5625
* Licensed only in Texas
Meet the Team